Meet Prof. Henry F.H. Halm
Prof. Halm is internationally recognized as a leader in the surgical management of all kinds of spinal deformities in both children and adults. German Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeon with over 25 years of experience in the field of spine surgery, he is Chief of Spine Surgery at the Centre for Scoliosis Kilinikum, Neustadt, Germany. Once elected as one of Germany’s top 50 spine surgeons from a pool of 2,000 candidates across the country by the professional journal of Orthopedic News “Orthopädische Nachrichten,” Professor Halm is also deputy chief of the “German Association of Orthopedics and Orthopedic surgery” and an advisory member of the international high ranking journals “European Spine Journal” and “Spine Arthroplasty Society Journal”. His publications and teaching activities are innumerable and he works closely with the Neuro Spinal Hospital to bring patients in the region the latest advancements in the management of spine deformities without the need to travel abroad for treatment.
Qualifications & Career Highlights
- German Board in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
- Member of the Advisory Board of the European Spine Journal (Eur. Spine J.)
- Member of the Spine Society of Europe (SSE)
- Member of the German Orthopedic and Trauma Society (DGOU)
- Active Member of the Scoliosis Research Society (SRS)
- Travelling Fellowship Award of the Scoliosis Research Society
- Leader of various seminars and workshops on anterior and posterior instrumentation techniques in USA, Europe and various countries around the world
Areas of Excellence
- Corrective surgery for complex spine deformities such as Scoliosis, Kyphosis and Spondylolisthesis in children and adults
- Management of failed Scoliosis Surgery
Spinal Deformities (Scoliosis, Kyphosis), Sciatica, Degenerative Disc diseases, Herniated Disc diseases, Spinal Stenosis, Spondylosis, Spina Bifida, ,Sports and Spinal Injury, Spinal Tumor, Spinal Infection & Osteomyelitis, Osteoporosis and Spinal Fractures.