Meet Dr. Kasia Papiez
Certified Board in Orthopedic and Hand Surgery with over 10 years of experience in the field, Dr. Kasia is regarded as one of the pioneered hand and wrist specialists specializing in minimally invasive techniques for innovative treatments of hand, wrist and upper extremity injuries and disorders. She obtained her medical degree from Collegium Medicum of Jagiellonian University in Krakow, and completed her specialized training in hand surgery and plastic surgery at the University Hospital of Rochester in the United States, Karolinska Institute of Stockholm in Sweden and Marmara University in Istanbul, Turkey. The focus and expertise that Dr. Kasia offers provides the patient with a significant advantage in receiving quality care and treatment with a fully integrated approach that encompasses diagnosis, conservative care, pain management, advanced surgical procedures and rehabilitation.
Qualifications & Career Highlights
- Certified board in Orthopedic and Hand Surgery
- European Board Hand Surgeon
- Member of Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand (FESSH)
- Fellowship at Philadelphia Hand Center in Philadelphia, USA
- Member of Polish Orthopaedic Society
- Member of Polish Hand Surgery Society
- Member of Polish Microsurgery Society
Area of excellence:
- Hand and Elbow Traumatology and Micro-Surgery
- Diagnosis and Management of Rheumatic Hands, with or without small joint replacement
- Posttraumatic joint replacements
- Tendon and ligament reconstruction and transposition
- Management of tenosynovitis, tendinitis and results of repetitive movements (de Quervaine’s desease and trigger fingers)
- Wrist Arthroscopy and treatment
- Dupuytren’s disease correction
- Osteotomies, non- and mal-unions, posttraumatic reconstructions.
- Ganglion and other hand tumors resection
- Partial wrist Arthrodesis or Total wrist arthrodesis, proximal row carpetectomy
- Fracture fixation of wrist, elbow, forearm and fingers in children and adults.