Meet Prof. Matthias Honl
Professor Matthias is a German Board Certified Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon with over 25 years of international experience in Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgery he has gained in Germany, USA, UK, and Austria as the main surgeon and head of large orthopedic departments. He joined the Neuro Spinal Hospital in 2011 and has built since a reputation of excellence for his treatment outcomes, as well as his holistic approach to patient care. Prof. Honl is an expert in joint replacements and performed over 7500 successful replacement surgeries, but he is also an innovator which earned numerous awards for his work and research in technology and orthopedic architecture such as development of the “silent hip and he also deployed synthetic implantation device for the removal of Endoprostheses, Prof. Matthias is known at home and overseas for his revolutionary ideas. He counts honors from the Hamburg Society of Medical Sciences, Northern German Society of Orthopedic Surgeons and CAOS-International, Chicago among his accomplishments.
Qualifications & Career Highlights
- German Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Member of the board of Orthopedic and Trauma surgeons medical association Hamburg
- Medical Adviser of the Fritz Kreuzer-Foundation, Munich
- Member of the Orthopedic Research Society
- Vice President “International Society for Jet Cutting in Medicine”
- Visiting Professor and Faculty member, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, US
- Fellowship Trauma Surgery
Areas of Excellence
- Total Joint Replacements of the Knee, Hip, Shoulder and Ankle.
- Pediatric Orthopedics Surgery
- Arthroscopic surgeries of the Shoulder, Knee and Ankle.
- Ligament surgeries such as ACL
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Foot and ankle Surgery
Joints Pain and Joints Injuries of the Knee, Hip, Shoulder, Ankle, Elbow; Sport Injuries; Ligament Tears, Tendonitis, Meniscus, Tears, Sprains, Fractures, Osteoarthritis