Meet Dr. Matthias Honl, PhD
Dr. Honl is a German Board Certified Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon with over 25 years of International experience in Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgery he has gained in Germany, USA, UK, and Austria as the head of large orthopedic departments. He joined Neuro Spinal Hospital in 2011 and has since built a reputation of excellence for his treatment outcomes, as well as his holistic approach to patient care. Dr. Honl is an expert in joint replacements and has performed over 7500 successful replacement surgeries. A recipient of numerous awards for research in technology and orthopedic architecture, Dr. Honl is known at home and overseas for his revolutionary ideas. He has recently developed a synthetic implantation device for the removal of Endoprostheses. Dr. Honl counts honors from the Hamburg Society of Medical Sciences, Society of Northern German Orthopedic Surgeons, and CAOS-International, Chicago, among his accomplishments.
Qualifications & Career Highlights
- German Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Member of the board of Orthopedic and Trauma surgeons medical association Hamburg
- Medical Adviser of the Fritz Kreuzer-Foundation, Munich
- Member of the Orthopedic Research Society
- Vice President “International Society for Jet Cutting in Medicine”
- Visiting Professor and Faculty member, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, US
- Fellowship Trauma Surgery
Areas of Excellence
- Total Joint Replacements of the Knee, Hip, Shoulder and Ankle.
- Arthroscopic surgeries of the Shoulder, Knee and Ankle.
- Ligament surgeries such as ACL
- Sport Medicine
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedics Surgery
- Foot and ankle Surgery
Joints Pain and Joints Injuries of the Knee, Hip, Shoulder, Ankle, Elbow; Sport Injuries; Ligament Tears, Tendonitis, Meniscus, Tears, Sprains, Fractures, Osteoarthritis