Meet Dr. Walid Othman, FRCSEd-UK
British Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeon with over 35 years of experience, Dr. Othman was the Clinical Lead in several hospitals within the United Kingdom for an accumulated period of 15 years. He has obtained his FRCSED from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and throughout his practice, gained particular interest in the management of spine deformities. He went on to join the Riyadh Armed Forces Hospital where he was one of the key founders of the first Spinal Surgery Unit in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which he headed for over 10 years overseeing its growth and innovation. Active in education, Dr. Othman has participated and presented at countless conferences providing lectures on a variety of topics in his field of specialty.
Qualifications & Career Highlights
- Royal College of Surgeons FRCSEd- Edinburgh,UK
- Alexandria University MBChB
- Regular attendee of international Spine Meetings:
1. Scoliosis Research Society
2. North American Spine Society
3. European Spine Society
4. Pan-Arab Spine Society
- Co-found and head the Spinal Surgery Department at the Riyadh Armed Forces Hospital.
Areas of Excellence
- Management of all types of spinal deformities( Scoliosis, Kyphosis )
- Surgical treatment of Scoliosis in Adolescents and Adults
- Cerebral Palsy patients with associated spinal deformity
- Microsurgery of the Cervical and Lumbar Disc Herniation
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Fixation for Degenerative Instability
- Cervical Total Disc Replacement
Spinal Deformities (Scoliosis, Kyphosis), Sciatica, Degenerative Disc diseases, Herniated Disc diseases, Spinal Stenosis, Spondylosis, Spina Bifida, ,Sports and Spinal Injury, Spinal Tumor, Spinal Infection & Osteomyelitis, Osteoporosis and Spinal Fractures.