RADIOLOGY & IMAGING DEPARTMENT
The Radiology and Imaging Department at Neuro Spinal Hospital offers high-quality assessments and treatments by using the latest radiological, diagnostic, and therapeutic imaging technologies and equipment deployed by a dedicated, multidisciplinary staff of clinical experts. The radiology and imaging department includes X-rays, ultrasound, CT scans and MRI, giving patients and physicians access to all their needs for accurate diagnosis and treatment. Some of the key features offered are highlighted below.
BIPLANE ANGIOGRAPHY / ENDOVASCULAR SUITE
The advanced Angiography Suite helps to identify neuro-vascular problems by allowing clinicians to visualize and treat the arterial and venous blood supply to the brain.
The angiography suite provides:
- State-of-the-art angiography equipment
- Latest 3D rotational angiography and built-in CT scan (DynaCT)
- Proven ability to identify narrowing of crucial blood vessels to the brain
- Expert angiographic imaging for clinicians to diagnose and treat neurological and spinal cord disorders
- Angiograms of head, neck, spine, and peripheral arteries
- Interventional procedures, such as coiling of cerebral aneurisms, embolization of arteriovenous malformation (AVM), thrombolysis, dilatation, and stenting, for the treatment of cerebrovascular and spinal problems
- Less invasive procedures for the treatment of cerebrovascular and spinal problems
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is considered one of the most important diagnostic tools in modern surgery and often the imaging technology of choice for most neurological and spinal disorders. At Neuro Spinal Hospital we offer:
- Advanced Siemens MRI scanner, 1.5 Tesla with high definition software.
- Functional Studies of motor, speech centers
- Functional Tract Visualization
- Diffusion highly accurate studies for stroke patients (?)
- Spectroscopy for metabolic diagnosis of tumors and other pathologies
- MR Angiography venography to rule out vascular diseases
- Full body MRI
- Highly skilled and neuro specialized team
- Soothing ambience in the department to comfort patients and help reduce claustrophobia and nervousness
COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT) SCAN
Computed Tomography (CT) scanning is a sophisticated medical imaging technology that uses digital geometry processing to generate 3-D images that are invaluable in diagnosis and treatment of many problems. Neuro Spinal Hospital is home to a new 64-slice Siemens Somatom CT-scanner. (The “64 slice” refers to 64 independent images that a scan produces at one time to be processed by a computer into a single 3-D image). This ultra-fast advanced CT scanner has some of the fastest rotation times available, which allow for highest-quality scans in a relatively short period of time.
The CT scanner can be used for:
- Sharp, accurate visualization of the blood vessels in and around the brain and spine
- Perfusion assessment or how much oxygen is present in tissue or tumors
- Coronary vessel assessment, offering a non-invasive method of diagnosing possible ischaemic heart disease
- Bolus tracking for drug studies
- T. Guided Biopsies
- Diagnosis of many conditions, including stroke and ischaemic disease
- Percutaneous procedures, including vertebroplasties
- Whole-body scans for a comprehensive physical check-up
Patients who require a CT scan will be able to take advantage of the benefits of some of the most advanced imaging technologies currently available, prompt scanning with extremely sharp images, and minimal exposure to radiation.