Meet Dr. Ahmed Hegazy
Dr. A. Hegazy is an expert in both Adult and Paediatric Neurology and Neurophysiology together with transcranial and neck carotids duplex – Doppler. He has been a staff member in a unique University teaching hospitals in Egypt (Al Azhar University, Cairo), Lastly Prof. of Neurology and head of neurology department since 1998. Also, he worked as a neurology intensivist in a neurology critical care unit, including acute stroke management with use of thrombolytic agents in Nasser Institute in Cairo – Egypt from 1898 till 1992. Dr. Hegazy has a significant great experience in the use of Botox for management of spasticity and in chronic migraine being certified from many foreign countries with hands-on courses (Germany, Check Republic, and England). Lastly, he is performing different Neurophysiological procedures including: NCV; EMG; EEG and VEP.
Qualifications & Career Highlights:
- Prof. of Neurology in Al Azhar University / Faculty of Medicine since 2003
- Consultant of Neurology in Egypt and KSA since 2007
- Post-Doctrate studies in Neurology at Wessex Medical Center, Southampton, UK
- Member of American Heart Association and Stroke
- Member of Egyptian Neurology Association
- Member of Emirates Neurology Association
Patients in the whole field of adult and Paediatric Neurology and Neurophysiology including: Stroke, Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Headaches, Parkinsonism, Dementias, Neuropathies, Myopathies, Neuromuscular Disorders & Others.