Meet Dr. Debora Garozzo
Dr. Debora is a European Board Certified Neurosurgeon with over 25 years of experience specifically focused on Peripheral Nerve Surgery. Committed to staying up to date with advancements in her field of practice, she has trained in state of the art centres around the world including Germany, Spain, China, Mexico, and Brazil among others. She is the organiser and a lecturer of many international events on peripheral nerve surgery, and heads national committees in addition to the post she occupies as Vice President of the Peripheral Nerve Surgery Committee at the World Federation of Neurosurgery (WFNS).
Qualifications & Career Highlights
- Italian Board of Neurosurgery – University of Verona, Italy
- Medical degree – University of Palermo, Italy
- Vice president of the Peripheral Nerve Surgery Committee, the World Federation of Neurosurgery (WFNS) till present
- President of the Peripheral Nerve Surgery Committee, the Italian Society of Neurosurgery (SINCH)
- Member of the Veneto Region Committee (Italy) for the promotion of telemedicine in neurosurgery in the “HealthOptimum” project designed and sponsored by the European Community in 2010-2012
- Founder and Head of Scientific Secretary of Sino-European Meetings on Brachial Plexus Surgery
- Member of the Italian Society of Neurosurgery (SINCH)
Areas of Excellence
- Micro-Reconstructive surgery in Brachial Plexus and Lumbosacral Plexus injuries.
- Nerve repair
- Management and surgical treatment of Carpal tunnel syndrome, Ulnar Nerve Entrapment at the elbow and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Management and surgical treatment of Entrapment Neuropathies in the upper and lower limbs
- Management and surgical treatment in Benign and Malignant Nerve Tumors especially in patients affected by Neurofibromatosis