Meet Dr. Nils D. Haberland
Dr. Nils D. Haberland is German spine and brain surgeon with over 33 years of experience in the management of all spinal and brain pathologies, he is pioneer in minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS), and spinal navigation in combination with intraoperative computed tomography. This technique is state of the art in spinal surgery was first published worldwide in 2000 in the United States by himself. He was also one of the first in Germany to perform robot surgery on the brain. He has devoted Spongioplasty procedure for percutaneous vertebral body stabilization in osteoporotic / pathological fractures.
He is the founder of the patient’s voting platform Health-Experiences
Apart from his clinical work, Dr. Nils is active faculty member and international lecturer in many international spine conferences and educational events of spine and neurosurgery.
Dr. Nils is committed to offer his patients all possibilities around the spine and brain according to the most modern aspects of medicine, ranging from best diagnosis and treatment plan, which first includes all non-surgical conservative treatment methods, such as targeted physiotherapy, optimized pain management and innovative techniques, to most advanced surgical techniques, mainly minimally invasive, using endoscopic, microsurgical and percutaneous techniques, to providing the highest possible quality of life through the smallest possible intervention.
Qualifications & Career Highlights
- German Board of Neurosurgery, Humboldt-University in Berlin – Germany.
- Member of the International Society for Minimal Intervention in Spinal Surgery ISMISS
- Member of the German Society of Neurosurgery.
- Member of German Spine Society.
- Past Chief of Neurosurgical Department, (BGU-Hospital) Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Past Chairman of the International Spine Center Cairo.
Areas of Excellence
- Minimally invasive spine microsurgical and endoscopic spine surgery for herniated discs, spinal canal stenoses and tumors.
- Complex spinal surgeries with spinal navigation and intra-operative monitoring.
- Implantation of the latest generation of cervical and lumbar intervertebral disc prostheses.
- All spinal stabilization operations including scoliosis surgery.
- Percutaneous treatment of osteoporotic / pathological vertebral fractures – kyphoplasty.
- Minimally invasive treatment of traumatic vertebral fractures.
- Spinal fractures and Instability.
- Total disc replacement.
- Revision of failed back surgery.
- All kinds of brain surgeries including key hole surgery, navigation, endoscopy, stereotactic procedures, 3D imaging, intra-operative monitoring and brain mapping, radiosurgery.
Back Pain, Neck Pain, Sciatica, Degenerative Disc diseases, Herniated Disc diseases, Spinal Stenosis, Spondylosis, Spinal and Spinal Cord Tumors, Spinal Cord Injury, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Chronic Back Pain and Spasticity.
Brain tumors, Brain Vascular Disease, Brain Infections, Brain Malformations, Brain Trauma, Hydrocephalus.