Meet Dr. Rik Kundra
Dr. Rik Kundra is a UK & Canadian-trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a specialist practice in all aspects of knee surgery and sports injury.
He has experience treating athletes of all levels including elite level. He has a focus on joint preservation techniques of the knee including the use of orthobiologic treatments and knee osteotomy. He also treats knee trauma including fractures, cartilage and ligament injuries.
He has extensive experience in the treatment of knee cruciate ligament injuries (ACL and PCL) including revision ACL reconstruction surgery. He is regularly invited to speak at national & international meetings and is an active member of the British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK), European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA) and the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS). He is also a current ISAKOS committee member.
Qualifications & Career Highlights
- Fellowship of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons, UK -(FRCS(Tr&Orth)
- CCT Trauma and Orthopaedics, UK
- Member of Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine, UK -MFSEM
- Diploma in Sports Medicine, UK
- Fellowship-trained in knee reconstruction and sports medicine (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), UK
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Aston University, UK
Areas of Excellence
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Injuries
- Knee ligament injury including ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL
- Patello-femoral (kneecap) disorders including arthritis and instability
- Chondral (cartilage) injuries of the knee
- Meniscal injuries
- Knee arthritis in younger active patients (joint preservation techniques including osteotomy)
- Joint replacement for knee arthritis (including partial knee replacements)
- Biologic treatments for knee problems and sports injury
- Non-surgical management of sports injuries of hip, shoulder, foot and ankle