Meet Prof. Sarmad Al Fahad
Professor of neurology and neurosciences and highly regarded consultant, Prof. Sarmad is one of the leading neurologists in the region with over 35 years of experience in the field of neurology. His clinical and teaching experience gained from leading renowned centres in the United Kingdom. His approach to patient treatment is comprehensive, ensuring that they get the best diagnosis and treatment options for their pathology to lead better lives despite their challenging conditions. He helps thousands of patients who suffer of neurological disorders and stroke every year. Prof. Fahad is a key physician at the Neuro Spinal Hospital and his patients.
Qualifications & Career Highlights
- International Advisor for the Royal college of Physicians (FRCP)
- Professor and Chairman of Neurology at Baghdad Medical College
- Co- Founder and Past President of Neurosciences Society of Iraq
- Member of the World Federation of Neurology
- Past President of the Iraqi Chapter of Epilepsy
- Member of Emirates Neuroscience Society and Emirates Neurological Society
Specialization and conditions treated
Neurophysiology : EMG (NCS), SSEP, EEG & long term video EEG Monitoring
Vast experience in treatments of Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, acute and non-acute Strokes, Headaches & Migraine, Parkinson’s disease & Tremor, Movement Disorder, Peripheral Nerve involvement, Neuropathic Pain, Memory Loss, Sleep Disorders, whole spectrum of acute, chronic neurological conditions and Guillain Barre Syndrome.