Health Care Assistant – ICU
- Assist in ensuring the patient’s safety during admission, discharge and transfer.
- Assist registered nurse for vital signs or any nursing care providing to the patient.
- Provide assistance with such tasks as:
- Toileting assistance, bowel and bladder care for post-op patient
- Positioning patients prior to surgery for stable / non sedated patient
- Helping patients walk
- Helping wheelchair- bound patients using safe patient handling devices
- Observing, reporting all changes to the nurse
- Support the registered nurse in implementing of an agreed plan of care with the patient and in accordance with instructions and training received.
- Moves various patient care equipment’s from one area to another as assigned by the nurse.
- Picks up non-controlled pharmacy medications for the wards as requested.
- Picks up urgent medical records, x-rays folders and/or return them to appropriate departments when assigned.
- Delivers specimens to the laboratory. Assists nurse and ward clerks to various duties as photocopy, answering phone calls, etc.
- Coordinate in the delivery and distribution of linen in the unit.
- Assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures all the times. Cleaning the departmental medical equipment daily or between cases.
Qualification & Experience:
- Certificate of Nursing Associate or equivalent -Caregiver Course
- Computer skills is an advantage – MS Office, Email
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Well organized
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Dynamic and energetic personality
- Proficient in spoken and written English language
- Confident communication skills
- Positive Customer Service attitude